Regardless of your child's preschool background, the Happy Hollow Prekindergarten program is designed to help your child develop a love of learning while continuing to nurture social, emotional, physical and cognitive development. Our teachers help children develop skills in self-regulation, self-realization and independent thought and expression. Each child is encouraged to explore the world and the people around them.
Happy Hollow School's Prekindergarten program introduces children to a wide-range of academic topics and learning tools. Ranging from language, science, art, math as well as computers, books, and our library, Happy Hollow's prekindergarten students enter kindergarten prepared and excited for school.
A few of the goals for the Prekindergarten program include:
- Expanding speech and vocabulary
- Fine motor skill development
- Problem-solving and critical thinking
- Patterning, symmetry and balance
- Differences and similarities between people and things
- Development of imagination through role-playing
- Number sense and numerals, patterning, sorting and one-to-one correspondence
- Introduction to addition and subtraction